Saturday 13 June 2009

Pronunciation is the aspiration of this dictation

I always find pronunciation and slang really fascinating, as well as the origin of words. Do you know what a jitty is, or a snicket? Do you say right the way instead of right away?

The Fanpop Four in LBP Even take my own user name “PkmnTrainerJ”. How the heck do you pronounce the first four letters? Apparently even the Fanpop staff have debated it too.

Apparently papa pronounces it as “Pikmin”, whereas Dave corrects him and tells him it’s actually “Pokémon”, but said quickly. So kind of like “Puhk-mun” if you want to get it right.

Do you know any slang words that are much more local to you, or variations on usual words? I don’t know why I’m like this with words, I just am.

1 comment:

  1. My bro and I were actually talking about this the other day and I have realized that I have no clue what most of the new slang means! and your name.. I knew what it meant but I just figured P.K.M.N Trainer J. im weird i guess. eh.

    ReplyDelete

Submit comments